Welcome to the Academy for G.O.D. 2016-2017 school year! To those who are returning, welcome back! To those who are coming for the first time, we are thrilled to have you! The students have shared so much excitement already, especially knowing that they are all back together again every day. I have high expectations for this year, but what I expect most is for God to be present with us as we grow and learn. I am eager for these students to get to know one another better as well as learning more of God’s character together.
In our first chapel assembly on Thursday morning, Mr. Aaseby reminded us that we have the opportunity to represent God well. We want to do that as a school, students and staff alike. In order to do that, we will be required to continue to grow in our understanding of who God is and what he is like. We have already begun that journey as we spent some time reflecting on what it means to love God well and how it relates to our three main school rules:
- Appreciate You Opportunity to Learn
- Respect Your Teachers and Classmates
- Do Your Part to Keep a Clean & Ordered Environment
Over the first two half days, I loved watching the way this class, filled with mostly returning students, welcomed our new student this year. Upon returning on Friday morning, one returning student said, “I couldn’t fall asleep last night because I was just so excited to get to know our new friend!” I am thankful to teach, specifically this class of students this year. God is good to us and he has great purpose for each student being here this year. As we move into this coming week, we will be focusing on Law #1: “Love God with Everything!” We will focus our days around that value and see it practically take shape throughout the week so it is something we can hold onto throughout the year.
Reminders for this week:
- If you were emailed about school supplies still needed, please remember to send in all remaining items by Friday, August 19.
- If you were emailed about storage shortages on your child’s iPad, please make sure to clear up space by Monday, August 15.
- Snack during snack break was only provided by the Academy for the first two days, so please send your students with a snack each day.
- Snacks must be PEANUT FREE
- Last year, students often saved a portion of their breakfast for snacks, but with the menu for breakfast offering a larger variety of items, saving items will not always be possible.
- Please make sure to send one small, heathy item each day.
- Please feel free to email me at any point throughout the day. As I teach most of the day, I will try to respond to your email by 6pm each day.
Thank you parents for the participation you have already shown with your child this year. I look forward to all of our communication as we work together to help your child grow and learn. Thank you for entrusting your child to our school. I look forward to a wonderful year together!