Happy New Year! There is much to be thankful for this year. Before moving into 2018 we wanted to share some highlights and remember what the Lord did in 2017!
1. Caleb was born July 25th! He is a happy and healthy little guy and he brings so much joy to our family. He is well loved and constantly being carried, held, or played with by one of his siblings.
2. Lyssa took a break from teaching this fall and has been on Maternity leave. This has given her more time with our youngest three (Hope, Lily and Caleb), which she has really enjoyed. It has also given her a good transitioning time into being a mom of 5!
3. Adam went back to Africa in September for a 10 day Delegation Trip! The team had a very productive trip and we were so happy to send him to spend time serving our friends (Read more here….)
4. Hope started Pre-K in August! Hope loves school and she is always eager to learn and spend time with friends. Recently she brought baby brother Caleb for “Show and Tell”!
5. Soccer Saturday was a highlight in Spring and Fall. This Fall Hope played her first season and she loved it! Luke and Eden’s teams both ended the season in 1st place! The kids love playing on teams with their friends, learning new skills and they give it their all on the field. Lily enjoys watching them and eating a lot of snacks!
6. Luke and Eden were part of the kid cast in Breathe, A New Musical. They thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this meaningful production and they did such a good job!
7. Lily is still ‘little’ and is not yet 3. Her ‘high’ of each day is riding her balance bike. She speeds up and down the sidewalks and streets of our neighborhood and loves taking her bike on walks with mommy and Caleb. She also enjoys playing at just about any park!
8. Luke was named Exemplar of the Month for the month of November at the Academy for GOD. This award is given to students who display exemplarily behavior as well as care and consideration for their classmates and teachers. We are really proud of him.
9. Hope has taken on the role of BIG SISTER and does so well with Caleb. At just 5 years old she cares for him with ease holding him, burping him, dressing him, and helping mom with just about everything that involves “baby bro”. She has been a great blessing to Lyssa!
10. Eden’s favorite pass-time is spending time with friends and finding special moments with mommy and daddy. On Sunday, Lyssa escapes to do errands and Eden insists on coming along. They share a lot of sweet moments together when it is just the two of them :)
11. Adam hasn’t missed a beat since Caleb was born and has been a constant source of support for our family and also those he works with. He is a man of his word and his willingness to serve and support others is inspiring to witness. It truly is the Lord who has made him and sustains him each day, and of course me, who supports his every move☺
12. Each Sunday our family has been practicing taking a Sabbath together. The Lord has been blessing these times with our kids as we take time to worship, pray, and read the word together. The kids especially enjoy when it is their turn to act out what it is they have learned from the story.