My name is Ms. Vagatai and I am the new Kindergarten teacher! I am originally from Hawaii but the Lord led me here in 2008 to learn the Bible. As a result of that education, I’ve developed a deep desire for Education and specifically for children to develop and grow into people who love God and their neighbors. I’ve had the privilege of teaching at the Preschool level for a few years and now I am so thankful for this opportunity to teach your children in Kindergarten.
I’ve recently returned from a 10-month study abroad trip in the Philippines where I was able to teach 2nd-6th Grade English and also start a tutoring program to help struggling readers. It was a wonderful experience that I hope to also share with your children this semester. I look forward to and anticipate a semester full learning and fun. So thankful for this opportunity to Co-Teach with Ms. Nowlin. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email Ms. Nowlin or I. We’d love to hear from you!
Ms. Vagatai: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Week Alternative Schedule Done!
Our two-week alternative schedule is complete. It’s such a necessary time for both teachers and students to get adjust to the semester changes. I really appreciated the time to get to know your children and start developing a healthy classroom environment conducive for learning. Be sure to check your email often for communication from Ms. Nowlin or I. Here are some reminders
- Boots for Outdoor Adventures Class (bring those back if you took them home over winter break)
- Overalls/ Coveralls Washed (Some were sent home to be washed)
- Extra clothes (top, bottom, underwear, socks) Everyone’s extra clothes were sent home over the break to restock and check for seasonal appropriateness, so everyone needs to bring back a bag of extra clothes
- Working pair of headphones
- Log in to the following apps on your child’s iPad:
- Class Dojo
Here is the class Schedule this semester:
We're looking forward to a full and blessed semester. If you have any questions, concerns, or updates please feel free to email Ms. Nowlin or I (Ms. Vagatai).